Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Home of Our Own




Many of you know that we had been living with my in-laws for the last year and 9 months. It can be so hard to have two separate families under the same roof. I am forever grateful to my in-laws and all that they put up with for the time we were there. I know it was hard at times for both of us. Anyways, luckily, we finally have a home of our own again. We are back at the lamplighter apartments. I know it is not a house, but I am just so grateful to have a place to call our own again. I told Mese that I would stay for the next ten years if we had to. Hopefully that won't be the case. So I guess I just have a fetish with taking pictures of my kids while in the bath. I know you can't really tell that it is a new bathroom, but it's all the pictures I have right now of the new place. Our kids adjusted really well to their new room, thankfully. They love having space for their toys and I love that they have their own closet and I don't have to share mine. Well, they still have to share theirs with the food storage, but they don't know the difference. I love it. Hopefully we can eventually get everyone over for dinner some time.

7 comments:

jen said...

hi! thanks for your advice...i was kinda looking for that. someone who "broke the rules" that gives me the go ahead. i thought of that after i posted, and thought what are they going to do...who's going to stop me. so thank you for the reassurance. and your kids are adorable. and yes, i'm glad it's just one right now. two's a different story, i hear. glad to hear you're happy in your new place...i'll have to visit once you're settled :)

Andy and Yolanda said...

Congrats on your new place:) I agree it's nice to have a place of your own...Hope to see you all soon:)

Sam, Melissa, and Kayla said...

Congrats! There is nothing like having your own space. We will be down for the summer hopefully we can all get together for some BBQ's.

amber buhrley said...

Hey we were just in california looking for a place to live. Not much luck...but maybe we are being too picky? Where are you guys. Email me sometime soon!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

so fun having you close... we need to go walking though!

alise said...

We've been in our apartment for almost 5 years now. It's starting to feel a bit cramped, but I am so happy to have our own space...it's really priceless! And so necessary for sanity :)

Lynn said...

ben and i always say we wish we had a "summer home" at lamplighter because they are spacious and have a great courtyard...not to mention there are a lot of people we love who live there! it would be fun but i don't think they are going to have an army base in bng anytime soon so we'll just have to visit!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones