Thursday, January 22, 2009

Potty Training Sucess

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but we have had three days in a row with very successful potty training with Marlowe. She has had a few accidents, luckily, for me, the one who has to clean up the mess, it's only been #1. Today she actually started telling me that she had to go rather than me taking her every hour or so. She even did #2 on the potty during one of those times when she told me she had to go. This is probably way too much info., but I can't help it. I am so excited. I started training her at 18 months and I so hope she sticks with it this time so I don't have to deal with 3 kids in diapers when baby Gweny comes. I'm sure some of you out there know how I feel.

A special thanks to Daddy, also, who got involved and caused the success we are having.

8 comments:

Pattersons said...

oh i'll be praying for you! 3 kids in diapers? it's insanity:)

jen said...

YaY! Sounds like she's on the right track. Good luck.

ME ;) said...

How exciting!!! Isn't funny the things we get excited for after becoming parents.

The Expatts said...

Wooo-- Sounds like success is on its way! Good luck!

Andy and Yolanda said...

Congratulations...That's exciting news:) Oh, here is our new blog address: andyandyo.blogspot.com

{Erica} said...

I hope it sticks too....more than one kid in diapers is just plain torture :)

p.s. My oldest Ella was sooo afraid to go poop on the potty! She would hold it in for days...we're talking a week or so (yeah that can't be good). I heard little kids have a harder time with #2 than #1 so that's a good sign that she went!

The first time Ella finall did do it on the potty she was screaming "My bum is breaking! My bum is breaking! The stinky is coming mom...the stinky is COOOOMING!!". It was freaking hillarious!

Gabriela Hull said...

Good for you and Messe! Every week I say I'm going to potty train Joshua but then Monday comes and I really don't want to do it. You've inspired me!

Lynn said...

You definately need daddy's help too on pottytraining endeavors I've found. It's a hard one on your own.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones