Sunday, March 1, 2009

Molten Chocolate Cake Recipe....Heaven on a Plate


A few of you have asked me to post this recipe so here it is. Good luck trying not to make it once a week. It is soooooo yummy and soooooo easy. Warm gooey chocolate is one of the best things in the world. And please eat it with ice cream. It is way better with ice cream.

Prep: 15 min. / Total: 29 min.

4 squares Baker's semi- sweet baking chocolate ( I just use 4 oz. of good dark chocolate, bittersweet is the best, in my opinion.)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup whipped topping (or Ice cream)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter 4 (3/4 cup) souffle dishes. Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter between prepared souffle cups.
Bake 13-14 minutes or until sides are firm, but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Top with 1 tbspn. of whipped topping and serve immediately.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm excited to see this recipe for molten choc. cake but i was really hoping to see a picture of that baby! congratulations.

Barb's blessings said...

Hi Mese and Anna, Rachel got married on Saturday 3/14 after giving us 4 days notice. I am going to try and blog some of the details tonight so you can look there. We are having an open house for her at our home on Saturday 3/28 from 4:00-6:00 pm. We would love to see you both and your new baby. I know it would mean everything to Rachel. They don't need anything -- no gifts necessary. Luv, Barb Davis

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

Oh man! Is that what I missed for dessert the other night??.......i missed out:(

Danielle said...

Hi Mese and Anna, I am an old friend from Provo of Mese's. My maiden name is Danielle Lovelady.I don't know how I found your blog. Anyways, just wanted to say hi. Your family is beautiful!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones