Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Backseat Singer


A friend and I were just laughing about how easily kids are amused. They get so excited about the littlest things. But yesterday I realized that I am also very easily amused by the little things my kids do. I guess it is a proud parent thing, but it is just so fun to watch what new things they learn and the new things they can do.
Mese and I tend to keep the same c.d. playing in the van for weeks at a time. We have had this one compilation in there for about a month now and yesterday as we were driving home from Drew's birthday party Marlowe's favorite, the "guitar song", came on again. This time, to our surprise, she was singing along. It was sooooooo cute. We didn't know she had learned almost all the words to the chorus. Mese and I just kept looking at each other and giggling. We would slowly and subtly turn the volume down so we could hear her more clearly and we played the song over and over again. We just kept smiling and giggling. I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal. I'm sure all kids do this, but, like I said, it is so fun when it is your own kid and you get to watch every little moment. It is very exciting.

4 comments:

ME ;) said...

LOL!!! I know exactly what you're talking about! Its so cute!! Kids are so funny! Sometimes its so funny you don't want them to stop but at the same time makes you sad that they are so grown already.Go ahead Marlowe... sing it girl! Luv you guys!

Vivian Campbell said...

It IS a big deal! very cute:)

Jayme said...

of course your kids are going to be musical....loook at thier parents :) I LOVE when my kids sing in the car. SO cute!!

Pattersons said...

so cute-nani does the same thing. so glad you guys are close.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones