Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert

Last Thursday my wonderful husband worked a twelve hour shift that made it so he didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. He, of course, stayed up to watch the premier of "The Office," so he didn't get to bed until 1 a.m. He had the next day off and I assumed he would sleep in until noon. Much to my surprise he was up at 8:30. He gets on the computer and the next thing I know he tells me to get the kids ready because he has a little surprise for us. My husband is the king of surprises. He loves them. But they usually involve food. Something he loves. So, you can imagine my surprise when he drove us to the Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert. We had so much fun. Our kids are even a little young for most of the stuff, but they still had a blast. Marlowe's favorite activity was painting the Volkswagon Bug. Yep, a real car. She also enjoyed the laser harp, the grocery store and dressing up upstairs in the attic. Mason loved the "tots" center where he rode on a real police motorcycle and spent 15 minutes pounding nails with a hammer. I had a blast just watching the kids and Mese was just happy to see all of us so happy and pleased with his surprise. Of course, I forgot the camera. Such a bummer.

3 comments:

ME ;) said...

Fun! We have a kids museum up here too. They're so much fun. Luv you guys!

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

I love your family!! Surprises are the best!!...well, sometimes:) It was good to see you all tonight!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

i love that museum too... i haven't taken ory there yet, we'll see if i can handle it!! :) he's a wild man


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones